Most of us don’t drink enough of plan, old-fashioned water. As a result, we can easily become somewhat dehydrated. Just a 2% drop in our body’s hydration can trigger symptoms. Thirst is an obvious sign of dehydration; fatigue, achiness and lack of mental focus can be others.
Here are 5 reason to remain hydrated before and after a massage session:
1. Plumped-up body tissues (including muscles) are more pliable. This allows for a more satisfying and more effective massage.
2. When you are properly hydrated, you are less likely to feel “bruised and battered” following a massage. If you’ve ever experienced flu-like symptoms following a particularly long or deep massage, it may have been due in part to dehydration.
3. Water helps both the circulatory and lymphatic systems work more effectively by assisting in the body’s waste elimination processes (urination, defecation, perspiration and respiration).
4. Drinking plain water is the very best way to stay hydrated. Avoid caffeine, sugary drinks and alcohol prior to and just after receiving massage. These are dehydrating.
5. Doctors recommend 8-10 Space your water intake out throughout the day.